Loading latest videos...See more videos →
A New Way Forward
I believe government should serve its citizens, not burden them. It must also provide for citizens truly in need without trapping them in an endless cycle of dependency on government programs that erode their self confidence, human dignity, and a chance to live the American dream.
Ken and I believe the answer to solving Maryland’s problems is not to grow bigger government but to empower people with the skills and opportunity to grow a better future for themselves, and not allow government stand in the way. Today, our state government is standing in the way, with excessive taxes, fees, and regulations that force Maryland businesses to flee our state and take good-paying jobs with them.
It’s time for A New Way Forward... a chance to put Maryland on the right path to jobs and opportunity. A New Way Forward is more than a campaign slogan; it is a preview of the principles that will define the Lollar-Timmerman administration:
- A New Way Forward is not repeating the the same failed policies that created the mess in Maryland but restoring fiscal sanity and accountability to Annapolis.
- A New Way Forward is ending the parade of excessive taxes and regulations that hurt economic opportunity in Maryland and force businesses to flee the state, and take good-paying Maryland jobs with them.
- A New Way Forward is not kicking the can down the road to avoid tough issues, but coming together to solve problems by seeking common ground and no longer letting divisive partisan politics divide us.
- A New Way Forward is making our state government more accountable to the people and ending “bait and switch” taxes and fees that seep into the general fund to backfill the state’s budget shortfalls caused by out-of-control spending in Annapolis.
- A New Way Forward is our bold new vision to secure Maryland’s economic future by ELIMINATING THE STATE PERSONAL INCOME TAX to stimulate growth, opportunity, and job creation in Maryland.
Please join our campaign to be the next governor and lieutenant governor of Maryland. Let's make history together!