We are fortunate that we live in this country where each of us has the freedom to learn and to prosper. Yet today, there is a sense that opportunities for each of us to pursue our goals and our dreams are slipping away.
I am running to be your Governor because I am concerned about the economic decline of the state of Maryland, and obstacles that Annapolis has placed in our path to achieve success in our lives.
• Maryland is losing jobs because private businesses and taxpayers are moving out.
• Quality education is not available to all our children in all communities.
• Marylanders are being taxed severely. Over the last 7 years, our taxes have been raised more than 70 times.
• Our dignity and freedom as individuals and as communities are being eroded by Annapolis.
• Operations of state agencies, boards and commissions are not transparent and operating without input from the citizens affected by their decisions.
As a proven leader in business and in the United States Marine Corps, I will move Maryland onto a new path. I will govern for all the people, not a select few. I will bring together people of different political beliefs, talents and backgrounds to develop solutions to difficult problems.
I will listen to the people of Maryland who are struggling to put food on the table, pay their bills and put gas in their car. I will work to get rid of the Rain Tax and all unnecessary taxes. I will work with you to protect your freedoms.
Making government responsive to you is the top priority for me. We live in a democracy of the people, by the people, and for the people, and you have the power to bring reason and balance to your state government.
My focus – what I want to deliver to you – is smart solutions, efficient government and a healthy economy that creates jobs.
Join me in moving Maryland on a new path, on a New Way Forward.